SUMMER ACTIVITIES at La Vieille Ferme.
Who said the French Alps were just for winter sports?
The Sixt Fer à Cheval Nature Reserve & the Giffre river dominate the end of the Giffre valley in which sits Samoëns and La vieille Ferme. Less than 10 minutes’ drive from La vieille Ferme you’ll find yourself in the stunning Cirque de Fer à Cheval, where the mountains form 2 magnificent “horseshoe” shapes / Fer a Cheval opening up Italy and Switzerland to the visitor.
For the energetic amongst you, there are lots of activities to choose from:
• Walking or hiking in the mountains. We have a selection of stunning half day, day and overnight walks.
• Running routes
• White water rafting and Canyoning
• Rock climbing and Via Ferrata
• Road cycling
• Mountain biking
• Golf at nearby courses
• Horse riding
For those who’d rather take things a little easier, there’s still plenty on offer:
• A full entertainment calendar in Samoens & the local villages throughout July & August
• Wine tasting in Samoens or by prior arrangement at La vieille Ferme
• Live music in Samoens during July & August
• Visiting the local Wednesday market
• Bird watching - You might be lucky to see our bearded vulture / Gypaetus barbatus / Lämmergeier
• Cultural guided tours around the local villages: Les Vallons, where La vieille Ferme is!
• Swimming & sunbathing in the municipal outdoor pools or local lakes
• Attending a yoga course
• Visiting a local beauty salon for luxury treatments
• Massage and reflexology
• Spending a leisurely lunch in one of the many lovely restaurants
For families, both children and adults will love:
• A day’s hiking with a pack donkey
• The water slides at the local swimming pool & swimming etc at Lac Bleu
• Riding the SeptiTrain though the village
• The adventure ropes course at nearby IndianaParc or at the nearby Lac Bleu
La vieille Ferme - LVF ALPS is also ideally located for day trips to:
• Annecy (1hr): the ‘Venice of France’, a modern lakeside city grown from the original medieval city, perfect for a day of lunch and shopping, or a boat trip on the lake.
• Yvoire (1hr): a beautifully preserved touristic medieval village on Lake Geneva, ideal for lunch and a boat excursion.
• Chamonix (45mins): a tourist haven at the foot of Mont Blanc, with a bustling atmosphere and great shopping. Take a sightseeing trip up the gondola to the Aiguille du Midi
• St. Gervais les Bains (45mins): A picturesque spa town.
• Megève (1h): a popular ski village with excellent shopping & restaurants
• Evian (1h): world-renowned lakeside spa town famous for its bottled water